What is Quick Create?
Quick Create allows an instructor to create new assignments with default settings and randomly selected questions. This saves time as settings and questions do not need to be selected and organized manually.
PLEASE NOTE: If your course is integrated into a Learning Management System (LMS) such as Canvas, BlackBoard, Moodle, or D2L/BrightSpace, some of assignment settings will not be available to you when building your assignment with FlatWorld Homework. These features, such as start date and due date, are set within the LMS outside of the FlatWorld assignment settings.
Create an Assignment through Quick Create
- Navigate to your Homework Course on practice.flatworldknowledge.com.
- Click +New, and select the Quick Create Option.
3. Select the desired Chapter from the dropdown, select the desired number of questions, and the due date/time.
4. Hit Create. You will be taken to the Preview & Publish page, which is where you will find the Hints & Feedback Settings listed below.
What are the default settings in Quick Create?
- The Start Date of the assignment will be the day the assignment was initially created starting at the beginning of the next hour. So an assignment created on 3/5/20 at 8:37 AM will have a start date of 3/5/20 at 9:00 AM.
- The Due Date of an assignment is set to be 11:59 PM one week from the day the assignment is created. So an assignment created on 3/5/20 will be due at 11:59 PM on 3/12/20.
- Students will NOT be allowed to submit an assignment after the due date.
- There will be no time limit on the assignment.
- Each student will be allowed one attempt.
- These settings can be updated on the Settings Tab of the Homework, located at the top of the page.
What are the default Hints & Feedback Settings?
These are the default support options that are available to students while they take their assignment and review their submissions. Then can be edited in the Preview & Publish tab of the homework assignment.
For more information on the features of the FlatWorld Homework system, please visit our support article on FlatWorld StandAlone Homework.