PLEASE NOTE: In order to set up a FlatWorld Homework integration in Moodle you will need the following:
- LTI Access Keys - these keys are generated by FlatWorld in order for your Moodle system to access our Homework platform. Please reach out to FlatWorld Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org with the professor's name, course title, and the book being used to request these keys.
- Proper permissions in Moodle - the integration can only be configured by someone who has the proper permissions, usually a Moodle Admin. It is best for this person to serve as the point of contact for integration setup.
Once FlatWorld Customer Service has provided the LTI Access keys, the integration setup begins with configuring the FlatWorld Homework App in Moodle.
Adding FlatWorld Homework as an External Tool
1. As a Moodle Admin, go to Site Administration and click the Plugins tab. Under the Activity Modules, click Manage Tools if it is visible.
If Manage Tools is not visible, click on External Tool first, and the Manage Tools option will show on the next page.
2. Under Manage Tools, click 'configure a tool manually'.
3. In the External tool configuration, form enter the following parameters:
• Tool name - 'FlatWorld Homework'
• Consumer Key - provided by FlatWorld
• Shared Secret - provided by FlatWorld
• Tool configuration usage - Show in activity chooser and as a preconfigured tool
• Use Show more and check Content-Item Message checkbox
• In Privacy section change all values to 'Always'
Once you have filled in the required information, hit 'Save Changes'. The tool is now ready for use.
For more information on how to access and use the FlatWorld Homework Tool, please see the related support article.